Tuesday, December 23, 2008

you can't think of everything


Just as some designers get stuck in the beginning stages of design with the "blank canvas" syndrome, I've noticed that many designers also get held up by the "I have to think of everything" sickness. I've been plagued by this one myself. You're afraid to release a design and mark it as Final because (gasp) what if you didn't think of everything? What if you didn't consider all of the user states? etc.

Well, I'm here to tell you that the world won't end if you miss something here or there. Of course, you want to be a conscientious and thorough designer. But -- you also want to be a productive one right? So just move ahead. Get that design in front of some Product folks and Engineers. They'll let you know if you missed something :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home